Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My favorite transportation in Hong Kong--MTR

 A Song with all the MTR Stations name



In this week, I am going to talk about the transportation in Hong Kong. In United States, almost every family have own at least 1 car because we don’t have many public transportation here. However, the situation in Hong Kong is totally different. In fact, lower class family cannot afford to buy a car at all. Somehow we consider car as a luxury good in Hong Kong. It is not necessary for a family to own a car because there are so many public transportations and it is very convenient to go out. Our transportation include: buses, mini-buses, train, railway and taxi. Out of these, my favorite transportation is MTR which stand for Mass Transit Railway. It is the biggest transit railway system in Hong Kong. It has 150 stations in total and they are all over Hong Kong. It is very common and popular transportation and many people treat it as the main transport. Basically, you can go to anywhere by taking MTR in Hong Kong. Moreover, because Hong Kong is really small and crowed, the road traffic is a serious grow problem. We really need to run MTR to reduce the traffic. Most importantly, it is efficiency and affordable. It takes 3 minutes in average to go from one station to another and cost like$ 4 HKD only. (around 25 cents USD) I have a MTR station really close to my home in Hong Kong. It takes me 5 minutes walking distance to the MTR station so it is very convenient to me! I took MTR to school or go out to have dinner with friends. Therefore, I feel very different here in United States because I need to have a car to go out (mostly) and almost everybody drive here, it is inconvenience!
The official website of MTR is below:
http://www.mtr.com.hk/eng/homepage/cust_index.html
 The Station that near my home

No comments:

Post a Comment